Your Parish Councillors
Steeton ward has 8 councillors and Eastburn ward has 3 councillors. The 11 members are re-elected every 4 years.
Our councillors are elected or co-opted; if you would like to become a councillor or find out more about what they do then please contact the Clerk to the Council.
Role of Councillors
Councillors have three main areas of work:
1. Decision-making: through attending meetings and committees with other elected members, councillors decide which activities to support, where money should be spent, what services should be delivered and what policies should be implemented.
2. Monitoring: councillors make sure that their decisions lead to efficient and effective services by keeping an eye on how well things are working.
3. Getting involved locally: as local representatives, councillors have responsibilities towards their constituents and local organisations. This often depends on what the councillor wants to achieve and how much time is available. The day-to-day work of a councillor may include:
- going to meetings of local organisations such as associations
- going to meetings of bodies that affect the wider community, such as the police, the Highways Authority, schools and colleges
- taking up issues on behalf of members of the public, such as making representations to the principal authorities
Your other Local Elected Representatives
Bradford Metropolitan District Council Ward Councillors
Cllr Owen Goodall
Tel: 07971 394762
Cllr Peter Clarke
Tel: 07811 505805
Cllr Caroline Whitaker
Tel: 07977 590476
Member of Parliament
Robbie Moore MP, for Keighley & Ilkley
Shan House, 80-86 North Street, Keighley, BD21 3AG
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 01535 600538